17 February, 2017

On Growing Up

autorretrato
autorretrato
autorretrato

Every day, I think about aging. At sporadic times: I'll be washing dishes, parking my car, getting ready for bed. I just turned twenty-one, but I feel like I've grown up in a bubble that has enabled me to be child-like.  I have a youthful face, and I'm hardly five feet tall.  I have a very high-pitched voice. I think these features have always protected me from the fear of getting older: if I look like a child, perhaps I'll always be one.  But recently, I've become a bit more afraid of being wasteful with my time.  A lot of the things I do lately are meant to actively fight any idea that I'm getting older... but I don't find myself enjoying them.  I've been feeling very afraid lately.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you, pal.